Any artist or craftsperson who lives and works in the Central PA region. Artists are asked to submit quality photos of their best work – samples of what they would like to sell in the shop. Applicants will be juried and invited to join the organization.
As a Full Member of The FOUNDRY, you will receive…
- Feature member window opportunity
- Gallery Exhibit Opportunity
- Member page on website
- Included in Foundry marketing and promotion
- Priority for commission work
- Participation in Mentorship Program [when in place – goal for future]
- Artist community & networking – knowledge pool to gather from – both ideas and collaboration
- Opportunities for development – both as an artist and in business
- Reputation & relationships associated with Chambersburg’s Artist Cooperative
- Opportunities to teach and increase income
- Additional perks as developed
> Application Fee – $25
This fee is paid by anyone applying to be a member [current members do not need to re-apply]. If accepted into membership, the $25 goes toward the annual fee.
> Annual Membership – $75 [$25 application fee is applied to overall cost]
This fee goes toward overhead costs of paying rent, utilities, insurance, etc…
> Commission – 40%
Commission helps cover day-to-day costs of sales, like swipe fees, promotion, administrative work, etc… so we can keep the doors open.
Artists can receive lower commission rates if they choose to fulfill workshare hours.
8 hours per month = 30% commission, 12 hours per month = 20% commission.
As an Artist Cooperative, members are asked to take responsibilty for aspects of The FOUNDRY organization…
> Must be continually creating new pieces for the shop and keep a consistent inventory. The 90 day cycle will still apply.
> Must regularly evaluate how your inventory fits with our buying community and ensure that your price points fit with the market. [ie: you need to be actively selling your work]
> Members are expected to take ownership of the cooperative and actively participate outside of selling in the shop. Here is a list of ways we would like you to get involved…
– Regularly attend/support events [First Fridays, Young Artist Days, Exhibit Openings, downtown Festivals, etc]
– Actively participate in at least one event per quarter
– Fill a role on the planning committee for at least two events per year
– Demo at least two times per year
> Membership is a one year commitment. This helps the artist, because you are able to consistently build your business/fan base. It also helps the Foundry by maintaining a foundation of artists that customers can count on.
– Penalties will be assessed for ending the agreement early.
* The annual membership fee is not refundable if you do not stay the entire year
* If a member chooses to leave early, an average of monthly sales will be determined and a fee of 10% of that amount will be taken from the artists’ final pay out. [ie: if the member chooses to leave after 8 months, an average sales total for 4 months will be calculated and a fee of 10% of that amount will assessed.]